(An alliance-partner of Bender RBT Inc., NY, USA)
Software Testing: Defect prevention, defect detection and debugging
BenderRBT Test Case Design software is the world's leading testing tool for automatic test case generation for functional testing(Black Box Testing) for software and systems . The Requirements Based Testing (RBT) process first ensures that the specifications are correct, complete, unambiguous, and logically consistent. Then a necessary and sufficient set of test cases, from a black box perspective, are created to ensure that the design and code fully meet those requirements. By integrating testing throughout the development lifecycle the focus shifts from mere defect detection to defect prevention. This results in higher quality, lower costs, and faster time to deliver. The RBT process can be applied to any application, written in any language, running on any technology including embedded systems, PC, client/server, web based, mainframe, and super-computer based applications. It can also export those tests to various test managers. More.......
BenderRBT contains multiple test case design engines. The Cause-Effect Graphing component supports test design via graphing. The Quick Design component supports both orthogonal pairs and optimized pairs.
Cause-Effect Graphing -The graphing engine is the most rigorous test design approach. It identifies logical inconsistencies in the requirements - e.g. the pre-conditions do not match up with the intra-process rules. Problems with precedent relationships, implicit requirements, and missing requirements are also identified. It addresses a critical issue in test design - when you run the test, not only did you get the right answer, but did you get the right answer for the right reason. Defects can cancel each other out for some cases or something going right on one part of the path can hide something going wrong on another part. Tests designed via graphing propagate any potential errors to an observable point. This is the only test design technique which addresses this topic. All other approaches only address the problem of reducing the large number of possible combinations down to a manageable number. For business critical, mission critical, or safety critical functions, this is the recommended approach.
It can produce a detailed functional specification by sorting the test information. This is extremely useful on agile projects which often do not have fully documented requirements for the users to review.
Quick Design -Quick Design supports orthogonal pairs and optimized pairs. Orthogonal pairs is highly useful in configuration testing and in creating seed tests for performance testing. Optimized is generally used for functional testing. Both components contain full support for Constraints - exclusive, inclusive, one and only one, requires, and masks. Constraints identify combinations of inputs that are impossible due to the physical structure of the data and/or editing that has occurred prior to reaching this function. However, full negative testing is covered by the tests generated.
1. BenderRBT software generates highly optimized test cases comparing to any other competitors with input as any style specification such as narrative text, structured text, decision tables, finite state diagrams, UML models, inheritance diagrams, etc..
2. Complete and correct set of test cases which gives 100% functional coverage. By just executing the test set generated by BenderRBT you will get 80% to 90% of code coverage (C1), whereas Industry average is less than 45% at the end of all testing. (We have measured the coverage of existing test libraries, designed via traditional techniques, on numerous projects. They have generally been at only 35% to 40% of the coverage that would be achieved via Cause-Effect Graphing. The number of tests was also usually two to four times the number of graphing based tests.
3. It is very much helpful for Agile process and regression test suit.
4. It helps in debugging, test planning, tracking the testing effort, and sub-setting the test library.
5. It finds all DNF faults in the code better than any other predicate based testing technique.
6. The graphic design is the only test tool that designs tests that ensure that defects are propagated to an observable point. It also directs programmer as to where instrument the code.
7. It is constantly updated with latest academic research.
8. Cause-Effect graphing uses path sensitizing algorithm that is adopted for hardware combinatorial circuit testing.
9. It is the only tool that address testability issue by eliminating redundancy early during requirement analysis.).
10. BenderRBT tool is complementary to investments already made in test execution automation and leverages them by enabling efficient creation of high quality test cases.